The Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers entered Wednesday evening’s motion, each seeking to break lengthy shedding streaks. Nevertheless, just one might be carried away.
Morgan Frost fired a low shot at Darcy Kuemper that the Caps keeper popped up within the air and behind him to kick the rating. Marcus Johansson hit laborious on his second down as he guided dwelling an Alex Ovechkin shot on the ability play to even issues up. Patrick Brown beat Kuemper with a mushy attempt in entrance to revive Philly to their lead.
Sonny Milano tied late for the Caps. Alex Ovechkin wins extra time!
The Capitals beat the Flyers 3-2!
- The Capitals have had some actually powerful instances within the openers currently and it continued on this one. Of their final 5 video games, they’ve been outscored 11-1 within the first interval. They lastly turned it round, tied the sport and doubtless had extra constructive momentum heading into the primary intermission.
- The purpose they gave up was simply terrible from their keeper. Darcy Kuemper cannot do this, particularly when the staff in entrance of him is struggling to place the puck within the web themselves. He did not look comfy in entrance of the web to start out the sport.
- Marcus Johansson threw one which was known as again, then stole one from Alex Ovechkin when he touched a puck that was already heading for the purpose line. Only a actually diabolical recreation of Mojo/Jojo. Connection.
— Exhausting Hats (@AndyAltman1) November 23, 2022
- One other fairly low left by Kuemper within the second and the Caps simply cannot rating but. They’d the puck for many of the interval, however could not discover the final move or the final shot. 11-2 in 5 towards 5 possibilities to attain within the second body, however the staff with solely 2 was the one one in a position to transfer up the desk.
- good to see Nicklas Backstrom within the cabin on TNT. Comfortable birthday, Nick! Please come again as quickly as attainable.
- What would be the last rating of USA’s recreation towards England on Friday? I am frightened about this, folks. It is going to both be 4-1 in England or 1-0 towards the great guys. No in-between. Possibly Berhalter will face Gio Reyna like he ought to have on Monday.
- Georgetown shouldn’t be allowed to play basketball on the identical day as Capitals video games. The puck felt like a bouncing ball at instances. One of many largest dwelling disadvantages within the league.
— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) November 23, 2022
- I believed TJ Oshie was wonderful in his comeback. His incredible play arrange Sonny Milano’s equalizer within the third and he additionally acquired an help on Washington’s opening purpose.
- Jean Tortorelle apparently kicked within the face by a horse just lately. If that occurred to me, you would not see me for the following six months.
- Quantity 790 for Alex Ovechkin. What a successful change from him in extra time.
- I do know it is most likely been a extra unfavourable time within the Caps fandom currently, so I am going to change the narrative a bit within the feedback part. Title an obscure Caps participant you are grateful for and why. I am going to attempt to spotlight my favourite sooner or later.
Nicke evening swimsuit pic.twitter.com/dgWvvb3auj
— Ian Oland (@ianoland) November 24, 2022
Comfortable Thanksgiving! Subsequent we’ll see the Caps on Friday when the Calgary Flames come to city for his or her solely go to this season.
Title picture courtesy of Alexander G.
Supply : https://information.google.com/__i/rss/rd/articles/CBMifGh0dHBzOi8vcnVzc2lhbm1hY2hpbmVuZXZlcmJyZWFrcy5jb20vMjAyMi8xMS8yMy9iZS1nb25lLWxvc2luZy1zdHJlYWstYW5kLW1heS15b3UtbmV2ZXItcmV0dXJuLWNhcGl0YWxzLWJlYXQtZmx5ZXJzLTMtMi1vdC_SAQA?oc=5